Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leader Nita from Kuala Lumpur says.....


Being a yoga teacher and volunteer at a local hospital, I’ve always been convinced of the benefits of laughter. When I first heard about laughter yoga and tried a class near me in KL, I wasn’t so convinced that the concept of LY works. Well, maybe for some but not all. It might have been my lack of understanding or the lack of group dynamics (there were only 3 of us and only the leader had done it before).

Then I found Lee Jean and the laughter club in JB. They have reaffirmed my initial interest and I have learnt a lot more about not taking myself seriously. Exercises like the Bill laughter and our own (Denise and I) creation, the Ah Long Laughter, showed that even when life is not all peachy but we can still laugh and feel better. I believe that the joy from within gives us hope and more optimism, especially right now during challenging times.

I now laugh more easily at anything and everything in my daily life and wish to share this joy with the world. After all, a roomful of laughing people, emitting strong positive energy can definitely beat much of the negative around us. In fact, right after my CLYL training, I incorporated LY into my yoga classes and workshops!

Nita Ng

No comments: